Work Permit Canada

When you are in Canada, your legal status needs to be defined and valid. Unless you are a Canadian Permanent Resident or a Canadian Citizen, you will need either a work permit to work or a study permit to study.

Whether you are the employer who wants to hire a foreign worker or a worker who has an offer of employment, we will assist you in processing the application for both the Labor Market Opinion (LMO) and /or the application for the work permit.

Some jobs do not require a work permit and more so, some individuals do not require an LMO; some workers could be covered under international agreements and thus can benefit from such agreements; while other workers, their spouses/common-law partners or their dependants could be eligible for a work permit through a pilot project. Altoria Immigration will make sense of all of this and help guide you in order to make an educated decision.

If you need a work permit to work temporarily in Canada, you must make sure you are eligible for one. Whether you are eligible or not depends on a few things, including where you plan to apply for your work permit.

– Apply from outside Canada

Anyone may apply for a work permit before they enter Canada. This is usually true if you need a visa to enter Canada or if you need to have a medical exam before you come here.

– Apply from inside Canada

You can only apply for a work permit from inside Canada if you meet specific criteria.

– Apply at a Port of Entry in Canada

You can ask to be allowed to work in Canada as you enter Canada but only if you qualify.

No matter where you apply, you must:

• prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires,
• show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during
your stay in Canada and to return home,
• obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (a police clearance certificate
may be necessary),
• not be a danger to Canada’s security,
• be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed,
• not plan to work for an employer on the list of ineligible employers,
• not have worked in Canada for one or more periods that total four years after April 1, 2011
(with some exceptions), and
• give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country

Comments are closed.