Business Immigration Canada

1. Self Employed

To be eligible as a self-employed person, you must:
a. Have relevant experience, and intend and be able to be self-employed in Canada. Your experience is relevant if you have:
• taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level,
• been self-employed in cultural activities or athletics, or
• experience in managing a farm.

b. Selection Criteria will be assessed based on the following factors:

• experience,
• education,
• age,
• language abilities, and
• adaptability.

c. Medical, security and other requirements should be met by obtaining the following:

• medical exam and
• police certificates.

You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

2. Start-Up Visa

To be eligible to receive a start-up visa, you must:
a. Prove your business venture or idea is supported by a designated organization
Before you apply for the start-up visa, you must convince a designated organization to support your business idea. If the designated organization supports your business idea, it will give you a Letter of Support.
b. Meet the language requirements
Being able to communicate and work in English, French or both will help your business in Canada.
You must prove your ability in English or French in all four areas of speaking, reading, listening and writing and meet the minimum language level otherwise your application will be refused.
c. Meet the education requirements
You must provide proof of your education with your application.
d. Have sufficient settlement funds
The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new Start-up business visa immigrants.
You must show that. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of living for your family.
You will need to provide proof of your funds when you submit your application for immigration that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependents after you arrive in Canada.
The amount of money you need depends on the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.

3. Provincial Investors, Entrepreneurs

Most provinces and territories in Canada have an agreement with the Government of Canada that lets them nominate immigrants who want to settle there.
You must apply in two stages.
1. First, you must apply to the province or territory where you want to live. It will review your application based on two things:

• its immigration needs and
• if you really plan to live there.

2. After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for permanent residence. A CIC officer will assess your application based on Canadian rules.
As part of the process, you will have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). All immigrants must have these checks, no matter where they plan to live in Canada.
Please refer to the Provincial Nominees Section for details regarding programs under each province.